Error 500 Internal Server Error|
If you receive this error after logging
in to Virtual Catalog, it is probably caused by either your browser settings, personal firewall or frequent use of your browser "BACK" and/or "FORWARD buttons. Checking the following should resolve the problem.
- Your browser must be Java capable. If your browser does not have the free Java plugin,
you can get it HERE.
- Check your browser's "options" or "preferences" to ensure Java is enabled.
- Do not use your browser "BACK" or "FORWARD" buttons while logged in to Virtual Catalog.
- Internet Explorer 6
- Click on the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab.
- On this screen you will see a scroll bar that allows you to choose your Security settings.
Set the scroll bar to Medium If its not there, then click the Default button.
- Click the OK button when you're done and clear temp files and cookies.
- If not already done so, download and install Service Pack 1 for IE6.
- Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security has a privacy feature that can cause problems when accessing Virtual Catalog web pages.
- Open Norton Internet Security.
- Click Options.
- Click Internet Security.
- Click the Advanced Options button.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Change Referrer (under Browsing Privacy) to Permit/
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
- Close Norton Internet Security, clear your browser cache and Virtual Catalog should perform normally.
If not, go HERE for more detailed info
on firewall permissions settings.
- If none of the above corrects the problem, test to see if Norton is blocking the page by going to the Status and Settings tab and turn off Security.
- Zone Alarm
This does not apply to the free version of
Zone Alarm, but the registered version, Zone Alarm Pro. Zone Alarm Pro has a privacy feature that
can cause problems with Virtual Catalog.
- Open the Zone Alarm configuration panel by double clicking on the Zone Alarm icon on the bottom
right of your Windows Taskbar, or by opening Zone Alarm from the Start and Programs menu.
- Select the Privacy menu on the left hand side.
- Click on the button labelled Custom, in the Cookie Control section.
- Remove the tick from Remove Private Header Information.
- Click OK, then close the Zone Alarm configuration panel.
- Clear cache and cookies in your browser and Virtual Catalog should perform normally.
- If you are still having problems with Virtual Catalog, contact the
Virtual Catalog system administrator.